Saturday, August 6, 2016

Delayed Introduction

Hello, World!

Yeah, I know, that's lame, but hey! I'm a lamer!

Anywho, I've been maintaining radio silence for several years, but I need to break out of my old habits. Figured I may as well go back online and start blogging again. Maybe, just maybe, I can help someone with oddball stuff that I constantly seem to find interesting and fun.

I'm an over 17-year Linux/BSD/Mac veteran. Been in IT since 2005. Before that, I drove 18 wheelers over the road, forklifts, and did various petroleum, odd job, and landscaping work. Hosted a late night radio show at a college radio station at which I wasn't a student, worked as a waiter, customer service agent, night audit clerk at a hotel, and even worked in the nuclear industry for a little bit.

Then my ex-wife happened -- the reason for the radio silence. Then the new wife, whom I lovingly refer to as "Wyfe", nudged me along into the IT field.  I started with desktop support, moved to server administration, went into minor penetration testing (mostly manual tools), website design & build, then to analog telephony and voice over IP. Also tried out network configuration & troubleshooting. Now, scarily enough, I'm about to the "management" stage of the career path. Still get to handle the Linux/UNIX servers, though, which is a huge plus!

Wow, I'm sharing way too much!

Finally going to college. About dang time, right? Well, I'm in the BS IT Sec program with Western Governors University (online). I'm almost 3/4 done! Woot! Hopefully, by August 2017 or January 2018 I'll be a graduate and working toward my masters in IT Security... We'll see, right? Still have a long way to go, but trying to stay optimistic about it!

And, I'm proud to say that, no, I don't do Pokemon Go!

Cheers!

--0Net

No comments:

Post a Comment